Takiya of Ahmad Abu Sa‘if (No.111), 15th century A.D. / 9th century A.H.
This complex was built probably towards the end of the 15th/9th century by a member of the ‘ulama’. It is known under the name takiya, an Ottoman term for a Sufi convent (called khanqa in Mamluk times,) indicating that it remained in use after the Turkish conquest of 1517. Although the façade was restored by the Comité de Conservation des Monuments de l’Art Arabe, it is again decaying, and the rest of the building is in ruins. It includes a sabil in the northwest corner of the enclosure, an entrance gate, and remnants of residential and service buildings. The façade is simple and unadorned but well-built of stone and handsomely proportioned.